General
211 results found
-
Expose like API
I'd like to know if you could or have intent to expose the Octave in API (REST service).
Thanks.3 votes -
Identification of who is making changes in a shared session
Just like Google Docs, it would be great if we could identify which user is making changes in a shared session. As a teacher, I could ask my students to complete a given task in real time in my class, and be sure that he/she is making that change, and not other student.
3 votes -
Experiments with Psychtoolbox
Now that we're all moving to online learning, what would be REALLY useful is if octave-online could possibly run Psychtoolbox code. So many researchers in the behavioral and life sciences use Psychtoolbox to present stimuli. Avoiding the need to port to custom scripts (millisecond.com), javascript (Amazon Mechanical Turk), or Python (Prolific etc.) would save a huge amount of time and headache and would mean the whole planet of vision scientists would be indebted to you!
3 votes -
3 votes
-
Interactive Quizzes
Students should be able to write code to answer a certain prompt, and Octave Online should tell you whether or not the answer is correct.
2 votes -
Provide MATLAB equivalent functions for octave functions in the Main menu
When I tried to execute a MATLAB .m file which is successfully executed in the MATLAB, it shows that some particular functions are not available in Octave. If you provide the list of equivalent functions which we use in MATLAB, we can replace them with new octave syntax by modifying the program. At the same time we can learn the usage of octave functions very fast and it is useful to beginners also.
2 votes -
Faster Email Registration
Cadastro de email mais rapido
2 votes -
resetting the layout is not working on an iPad.
I would love to be able to close or shrink the editor/ command area, since the display area on the iPad is very restricted.
2 votes -
2 votes
-
Ctrl + Enter to run file
I find this shortcut incredibly useful when I use ShareLatex.
It would really benefit the workflow to have this great shortcut :)
Thank you for the good job !2 votes -
Changing directory
Can I change a directory for local to load my file?
2 votes -
Remove byte-order marks (BOMs) upon file upload
Users have reported that file uploads from Windows have a BOM that causes execution of the file in Octave Online to fail. This can be observed when downloading a script file and then re-uploading it back again.
2 votes -
saludo
hola buenas tardes profe donde puedo descargar las asignaciones?
2 votes -
It would be handy to have a button or shortcut to comment/uncomment selected lines
I am taking an engineering class and use a chromebook as my primary computer. O-O has been a wonderful help. Thanks!
2 votes -
connection issues
i have tried connection on 29/04 and I could't make it
2 votes -
2 votes
-
Where is standard input form
I want to use scanf function or dlmread funciton, but I can't find standard input form.
2 votes -
2 votes
-
Make 'doc function_name' bring only help for function_name
When I type 'doc functionname', it returns the whole documentation, while http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Getting-Help.html says it should only bring GNU Info browser at the functionname node in the online version of the manual. Thanks!
1 voteThe “doc” function creates broken links for functions that either do not exist or are not parse of Octave core (i.e. in a package).
-
support upload of .xls files
I tried uploading some Matrix1.xls file, then with
M1=xlsread('Matrix1.xls')
I get:
error: xlsopen.m: file Matrix1.xls not found1 voteHi Victor,
I’ve been playing around with this for a couple of hours and it looks like XLS support in Octave is patchy at best. I am going to keep this idea open, and if it receives more votes, we’ll look into a way to add support for native XLS files.
In the mean time, I recommend saving your spreadsheet in the CSV file format and using the “csv2cell” function.
- Don't see your idea?